Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What Are You Made Of?




WHAT ARE YOU MADE OF?

      When I activated this program back in January 2012, I assumed I had everything considered.  I made sure I had all my gears, elements for the feasts I was developing and the applications for physical exertion configured.  I identified particular dates of certain activities and I found it all satisfactory.

     Inadvertently, I discovered minor, trivial productions; problematic interferences that decelerated my progress.  I could not re-calculate them appropriately or process a constructive outcome to the conditions, regardless of how positive I persisted.  I began to speculate my erroneous performance.

     I diagnosed a need to investigate my circuitry for obstruction; I had to find what was terminating my evolvement and eliminate it.  The need, desire to ascertain my inner-workings was inevitable.  I had to access What  I was made of.  Did something need supplanting?  Were there restorations to be made?  Did my hydraulics need an over-haul?  All of these effects could cause a system failure.  What was the issue?  After running my diagnostics, I ascertained that…

     I was thinking like a freakin' robot!  I was programmed to run a certain way every day, at a certain time and with a certain outcome.  Life doesn’t work that way.  Babies cry, people run street lights, frogs fall from the sky and dogs and cats love one another!  Yes, things were going wrong- not always because of me but due to my reactions to them, I was the problem.  Plain and simple.

     These last few weeks, I’ve gained water weight, weight, headaches, a cancelled road-trip, my Ewoks on shifty schedules and missed work-outs!  It’s been hectic and frustrating.  I felt like I was failing myself.  I had to look at my life, my actions and see what I could do to alleviate the situation.

     FIRST, I found I didn’t like what was within me.  I was a cheater and a liar.  When I say these things, I mean that there were times I rationalized my ill behaviors.  I was giving myself excuses as to why it was alright to do something, knowing full well that it wasn’t.  I knew that as long as I did this, I would be self-sabotaging.

     SECONDLY, I knew that when I allowed others and situations to prevent me from exercising, I was only hurting myself.  I had to stay on a schedule but if the schedule failed that day, IT’S ALRIGHT!  Things happen and the best part about my life is that I can make it what I want.  I can add in and take away at my leisure:  I’m a housewife!

     THIRDLY, I knew that as long as I looked at myself and life from a robotic standpoint, I was not going to succeed.  I had to see me as a person who made mistakes and not some unfailable machine.  Yes, I said unfailable, so there!  Besides, machines break down and fail all the time!  Look at my Pt Cruiser – my poor Peety (PT). LOL

     Anyway, I decided that enough is enough and I am going to start looking at who I really am.  I am going to see me as a person who can make changes, adapt to my surroundings and make a positive out of a negative.  I don’t know if I will lose weight this week, stay the same or gain.  I do know that I will handle things as they come and adjust accordingly.  I am going to be successful and not use my health issues as an excuse- unless it’s something that’s completely dire…in which case, I’ll be in the hospital and that AIN’T HAPPENING!

     Good luck to you my friends.  Stay positive and start Seeing the REAL You today.  I know I will.

Be HappyBe Healthy

     p.s.
I’m rejoining Weight Watchers this weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mara! I saw your comment on my OD page too. You are too kind.

    ReplyDelete