Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"Changes" - Week 27

Changes


     We all have a walk to take.  Our lives are to follow a path that has been determined for us, whether by God, fate, destiny...whatever you may call it.  We do our best to take control of this path by making plans and plotting out our futures but sometimes it doesn't happen the way we wish.

     Things go wrong:  Plans fall through and we have to deal with what's left.  Most times we accept that fall and roll through the rest of the day.  Other times, we get frustrated and adjust to the problem, making a new plan to run with.  Then there are those time when something happens and we get angry, try to force the change and we make the situation worse, causing ourselves worry, grief and periodically defeat!  Those are the days when the roadblock CHANGES us.  That change isn't always for the better of us either.

     I don't know about you but I've been through so many changes, I could write a book on it.  When I was in my mid-thirties was diagnosed pre-menopausal.  It was very difficult but I decided to not let it keep me down.  Then when I was told I was in full-blown menopause- I still took it to the chin,  deciding to tackle the things I knew I could handle and receive assistance with the rest.  I had to, for the sanctity of my marriage and my own sanity!  (meaning I asked my doctor to prescribe me Zoloft to mellow my attitude!) lol

     But that's just me.  I'm one of those who gets upset for a little while then gets back up.  I just can't quit.  What about you?  Do you feel like giving up on yourself during times of change?  Do you let yourself go with the flow or accept the change and decide what you're going to do to make it work?  Do you get mad and let the change control you or do you control the change?

     No matter who you are, life is going to to dish out some pretty yucky situations.  You can beat them. You can accomplish whatever you want.  You just have to be ready to adapt, adjust and move along.  You must also be able to accept the fact that there are times when you can't do anything about what happens to you and start from scratch if need be.  Those are the weight-loss days where you say, "Okay- my next meal will put me back on track."

     You can do it.  Change is nothing big and happens to everyone.  Be strong enough to know that changes are a part of your everyday life.  You have to take life's bull by the horns and brand it with your name!  Anything you want is yours if you're willing to deal and handle what you can't with grace!

     Have a wonderful day.  Be HappyBe Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment