Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Talking About Being Natural!

Okay, so today, I've got something to gripe about.

    Okay, I'm doing my best to be natural.  It's freakin hard!  There are so many options but a lot of them are expensive.  I don't know what to do at times and it leaves me in a stink.


     I'm not just talking about eating natural, as in organic veggies and fruits, free range eggs and salmon, etc.  I'm also natural with my hair and body products.  I have to tell you, it's expensive as a mug but I'm sorta addicted to finding new products.

     It's difficult but don't get caught up in buying all the different names and such; it's confusing enough as it is out here.  To get sucked in to the shopping game would be a huge mistake.  Right now, I'm concerned with my hair and skin

     I shop at Lush Cosmetics for my skin products.  If an item is not 100% natural, they're made of synthetics that derive of natural ones.  I like that.  They're honest and I have to tell you it all smells and feels excellent.  They're my favorite shop and all the cashiers know me at both South County Mall and Galleria!  I love it.

     My hair is another story.  I have been really struggling with my hair for about seven years.  When I first was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease, it rocked my world!  I lost my so much of my hair.  I cried for the longest.  Since then, it's never been the same.  I feel like a man when he loses his hair.  It will grow but it never fills in around the front like it used to and it saddens me. I can no longer wear many of the styles that accentuated my face.  The thing is, it still grows so I'm dealing with what God gave me.

     So I go about seeking the best products for me, experimenting here and there.  I thought I'd found it with Lush but then again, it wasn't truly geared to my 4C hair type.  So more research got me to Red's Kitchen Sink.  I think I've found the one so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

      Now for the foods.  I primarily shop at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and Sappington Farmer's Market.  Don't we all when we try to do the right thing?  I find the healthiest snacks; the best fish, the most lovely of fruits and vegetables, yeah?  But then I get to the register andI have a bill that is at least $189.99!  Does this happen to you too?  What the heck is it about buying what's supposed to be the best for you?  Why does it have to cost so much?

     I mean, seriously-  Shouldn't foods be made without pesticides these days?  Look at how much cancer we have out here!  I'm so frustrated with the cost of being natural.  If it's so much better for us, it should be the cheaper prices and let the ones who want the foods that are loaded with toxins pay more!

     So okay, that's my fuss.  I want to be natural.  Am I one hundred percent yet?  Nope.  Will my house be?  Nope.  I'm doing my best to though.  I want it for me.  Should my son follow suit, that's awesome but I know my husband won't.  He still eats hot dogs and fake meat burgers!  LOL

     I'm done.  You don't have to listen anymore.  Have an awesome day.  Be natural, eat right...

Be HappyBe Healthy!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment