Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When You Fall Down - Week 25

 When you fall, how do you react?  Do you beat yourself up and bring everything to a halt?  Do you belittle your efforts and bash your ideas of being a healthier, happier you?  Do you grow potato spuds and veg?  Or do you say "It's alright"  or "I'll fix that when lunch hits".  Maybe even, "I'll burn it all off with a power walk!"  

     Sometimes, we don't the negative thing.  It's pretty disturbing how harsh we can be with ourselves and then be the kindest to those we know about their falls.  Why do we do that?  For me, it's always easier to feel better about my so-called speed bumps\ when I make someone else feel great even though they've taken a stumble.  It just feels right for all involved.  What about you?

     This year, our holiday was spent in Metropolis, where I celebrated Superman with thousands of others!   I have seen all sorts of foods that would do nothing to assist me in not doing such a great job.  There were footlong corn dogs, giant fried tenderloin sandwiches,  hamburgers, hotdogs, super-sweet lemonades, ice cream, popcorn, cotton candy, candy, fried twinkles, fried snickers, stir-fried mongolian pork, nachos, gyros, philly steak & cheese with extra meat, you name it!  It was so hard- especially when there was a Hardee's right across the parking lot with pictures of their Monster Burgers all over the windows!


     The thing is, I didn't eat all of that... but I did eat some.  I had a bit of cotton candy- because it was actually flavored.  I had a tenderloin sandwich but I didn't have anything else with it because it was so big.  The thing is, I may have gained.  Oh, who am I kidding, I know I did!  LOL  The thing is, it was so much fun that I couldn't help it.


     I did all kinds of walking and I still ate fruit and veggies.  I dark nothing but water and when my boys had their sweets, I had pistachios.  I think I did a pretty darned good job.  The thing is, I know I gained because any time I don't eat exactly like a WW or a Sparker, I gain.  It's just me and my body.  I can deal.

     So did I fall?  Sure I did.  Am I mad?  Nope.  I think it is just normal when you go to a place where food it all up in your face, you're gonna eat.  Then again, I've had iron will before and didn't fall.  I was weak and I ate.  I don't think I made a huge mistake but I messed up.  I'm making up for it now though.  We're in Branson, MO and it's so beautiful.  I already took a morning hike and ate a breakfast of fruit with a small hash brown.  I feel good.  

     I don't know what we're doing the rest of the day but I am working on the editing of my book before it I submit it to my editor.  I am mostly going to be sitting and rereading my book today.  Tomorrow we walk the Branson strip and maybe some shopping.  The best part of being out here:  We brought lots of fish, veggies and fruit for me to stay where I need to be.  I am so excited and happy.  I will make up for last week's insanity!  No falling this week!

Be HappyBe Healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment