Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Growing Older

     Do  you find yourself looking for that Mad Scientist to conjure up the perfect concoction for younger, healthier skin? Are you a product junkie?  Always seeking out a new item that will keep your hair thicker and longer or that whitener that makes your teeth bright as chalk?    We've all been there.
     Let's face it, getting older means our bodies are running down.  Our time is ticking and there's nothing we can do about it.  We have to learn to deal with the sagging neck, the discoloration of hair and skin, liver spots and so much more.  For many of us, it's the worst thing in the world, to grow older.  Other's barely give it a second thought, not caring that gravity is pulling on parts of you that used to have sitting up on its own, yeah?  LOL
     Well, I've always been the latter.  I never cared that I had a few grey hairs on my hair.  I barely noticed the immense gravitational pull in my chest area- mostly because I've always been heavy there.  When my weight sky-rocketed and then took me down to a side 8, I didn't worry.  When the weight came back and I felt like a baby beluga whale, I didn't fret...much.  I didn't think anything of it when my temperament began to grow irritable towards others as well as myself.  Not until my seven year old and husband began to speak out on it.  Aging was never a big deal for me. I knew I was getting older but it didn't matter because I have always felt young at heart.  I didn't care about anything else.  I felt good and that was that.


     But the older I got, the more I began to notice things.  My temperament didn't just get irritable, it became irate!  I was getting mean and yelling at my family for no reason!  I didn't just get a few grey hairs, I began to lose hair- more than ever before and what was left was sprinkled with shiny, amazingly lighter hairs!  I didn't just lose to gravity, I developed my own gravitational pull and sadly, started pulling objects into my world!  I realized that I was getting OLD.     I could accept this fact much easier if it weren't for  losing my hair again!  I had enough loss when I endured the radiation.  But to lose it now?  What the heck- my dad had all of his hair when he died.  My brother still has all of his hair but me and my mom...Oh Boy!  We are shedding like an aged shag rug!

     I don't mind crows feet (which I do not have), grey hairs or even boobs the hang to my knees (I do mind the last one! lol) but I won't stop working to be happy more than anything else.  My thyroid and hormones are giving me a run for the money and I'm not losing much weight but I am blessed.  I have a husband who kisses my hand every day, even from afar, and tells me that I'm the most beautiful woman in the world.  I can't beat that.  I'm blessed with being a grandmother of two and everyone in shock that I even have a daughter old enough to give me that title.  I'm blessed with a son who doesn't give me anywhere near as much stress as my daughter did and I have the best job in the world: Taking care of my family & home!

     I hope that as you grow older, you can be happy with yourself too.  It took a long time for me to even like who I am; to be happy with myself is an achievement that makes me feel like a winner!  You can go for the gold too.  I want you to be as happy as you ever could be.  Do it!



Be HappyLove Yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment