Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Family In Crisis!

I just wanted to share this cute photo.  Now my husband and son are in a health crisis.  My son is way over weight and my husband's BP is so bad, he could fall over at any time!  Instead of me falling apart, they are!  What's going on?
Well, I've been doing my best to warn my husband and son of the dangers of care-free eating with no exercise can do.  I've gone through the house and emptied out all of the pantry's and cabinets of salt.  I pushed for a soda-free home but it hasn't worked yet.  I've pushed for no pizza's on the one night Mommy doesn't cook and I have fussed about no one walking with me.  It has traveled through one ear and out the other!  What is up with that?  So I decided to try a new tactic.  One that's worked before but slowly died.

I began to cook things and not tell them what it is.  I would make hamburgers with ground turkey instead of a lower percentage of fatted beef.  I started making pitchers of flavored water instead of Kook-aid and as previously mentioned, I cleared out all the sodium in the house and replaced them with Mrs. Dash of all flavors!  Sofar it's worked but I can't be everywhere at all times.

When they leave me to go on their Boys Night, they eat whatever they wish to.  When I go to church, the eat all wrong.  I've caught my husband eating my son's veggies and they sneak things and hide the evidence in the garage trash can.  I find these things and get so frustrated.  BUT...

Then we went to our family doctor.  One of the advantages of being an at-home mom is that I can schedule all of our appointments at the same time.  I got to have someone other than myself fight against Mr. Hub.  Someone with more qualifications and information that I could ever come up with on my own and my tidbits of research!


It really opened their eyes... I think.  My son is on board.  My hub says he is but I still found an empty styrofoam cut in the garage yesterday.  I don't knwo what to do but keep trying.  My health has improved.  He didn't take me off of my BP meds yet but I'm doing great with the weening of Zoloft for my insidious menopausal rages.  I'm getting back on track and expect to see my weight going in the opposite direction at any time.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

So with that, I'm a happy camper who's worried
about the environment of my family.  Will they be able to follow me?  Will they pay more attention and do their best to be with me when I've reached the age of 88 or more.  I'll be happy if I can get that far.

I hope everyone reading this is seeing progress.  This year is almost over friends.  I know I haven't lost much weight- almost the same but you know what?  I'm happy because I've learned a lot about myself in this past year.  I've done some real work and although the blood work showed my body had yet turned against me, my pills have been adjusted and I'm on my way.  I am honestly looking to knock some pounds off before it gets cold outside.  Winder is not the time to be too big for my wardrobe.  I've got some cute sweaters and heavy dresses!

Anyway, Be Happy Be Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment