Monday, February 13, 2012

Mission: "Is"possible!

Mission: "Is"possible!

     This post is for all of my friends who are contemplating weight-loss.  I know that you're wondering if you can do it; if you should do it and the ever ringing "Can you do it?"  This is to tell you that you can!  

     I know that things look difficult right now.  You look at yourself and think, I have way too much to lose to even know where to begin!  Well don't think that way.  You have to look at the picture, yes but what you do is break that down into sections or pieces and work them like a puzzle.

   First, you make an exact list of what you'd like to accomplish.  You have to know what you want to do and making it specific allows you to pay attention to details.  Things that you'd easily look over if you were just doing things from the hip.  Writing them down solidifies them - makes them real.

     Secondly, you need to decide which are THE most important and rearrange the list accordingly.  If you tackle them in this order, your feelings of accomplishment will mount!

     Thirdly, you must find your determination.  You have to stay focused.  I enjoy cutting a photo of a lovely model - one shaped in the manner of which I'm desiring, out of a magazine. Once the photo is cut, I then decapitate the model and add my head in her place.  Motivation is seeing where you want to be.  Seeing my face on the body of my dreams or outfit that I want, works great!

     Lastly, you need to make sure that you actually DO what you've listed.  I know that implementing something as tough as a weight-loss program can be frustrating but you can do it.  Once you know what program you have decided on (Step One) you need tools that make your Staying On Track fun!

     I use apps from my Mac, iPhone and iPad2.  They allow me to be as creative as I desire.  I love to make things, have fun with things and document things - especially with pictures.  Find ways of making it fun and easy to stay on track.  The more fun, the more you're apt to follow through.

     So look back at the things I've mentioned.  See what works for you and either work them in the order I've provided or mix them up.  Take something away or add something in, whatever works for you.  Just know that it's not impossible to accomplish.  You can take the steps that will lead you on the journey of your weight-loss lifetime!


     Good luck to you and remember to 
Be HappyBe Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment