Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Recipe Wednesday: Fire Roasted Vegetables with Giant Scallops

Hey Gang!

Since today is the first day of Lent, I decided that in order to make it to church on time, I had to make something quick.

I used my Trader Joe's frozen bag of Fire Roasted Vegetables in a balsamic vinegar sauce with scallops.  My hubby bought me some that were huge, as you'll see in the photo collage.  He got them from Sams and they are AWESOME!

As you know, I'm working on my sodium intake to beat BP, so I only used salt-free seasonings.  The only sodium was in the pre-packed food.  I am making sure that I stay under 2,300 grams per day!



The scallops were so huge, one equaled 4 ounces, so I was only able to have two and a piece of another.  I didn't complain at all; I just wanted to be as precise as I could.  

 I sprayed the pan with my fat-free olive oil spray and added the scallops, allowing them to cook slowly and evenly.  I added the minced garlic and garlic/herb salt-free seasonings while they cooked.  Once they were finished, I added the frozen vegetables.  The balsamic sauce made the scallops brown more and ever so tasty!

I have to admit that it didn't look like much on the plate but it was filling and I enjoyed it very much.  I will be eating that again!

NUTRITION INFORMATION:

Calories:  340
Fat:           12
Carbs:       16
Sodium:    720
Protein:      36

I did pretty good, don't you think?  You should try it.  It was a quick meal and tasted great!


Be HappyBe Healthy!













No comments:

Post a Comment