Monday, August 27, 2012

Curing The Junkie

Curing the Junkie

     I have found a new source to tap into.  I am finding that I am leaning into the Clean thing.  Have you heard of it?  It's where you only eat natural foods, free of added sugars, hydrogenated fats, trans-fats and anything else that is unnatural and unnecessary. Many people use this diet as a way to lose weight. Used as a way of life, clean eating can make you feel healthy and full of energy.  Now I have not switched over completely but I am transitioning and thrilled about it all.

     I know that I am not there yet, mostly because I still love to eat foods from Trader Joe's that's prepackaged.  I do it two reasons: (1) because it helps me keep my calories in check, along with my sodium. (2) is because I love to try exotic and new items that I can easily prepare for myself while still cooking dinner for my three boys.  It's a time thing.  I'm working on it and it's important because I am really seeking to change my way of life and theirs for the better.

     Also, I am making a confession.  I am on an unnecessary medication and I'm curing myself.  Before I was diagnosed as a victim of menopause, I was going through monthly tantrums.  For about a week, I would fuss, bicker and roar at my husband and son.  I didn't realize that the vicious emotions surfaced around the same time each month or that I was even being cruel- I would just Become.  


     When I understood what was happening to me, I asked my OB/GYN to put me on something to keep my family from leaving me!  LOL  I was an emotional wreck and taking it out on them.  So she put me on Zoloft.  It worked and I stopped man-handling my family... but at what cost?


     I tried to get off of the stuff and I don't know if you've read all of my blogs but I tweaked!  I was going spastic and didn't know why until I researched my symptoms on the net.  Rapid eye movement, flashes of light, jolts of electrical pulses,...Yup, I was hooked!  I didn't like it but I had to go back on the stuff.  I was highly upset but didn't complain.  But I did know that I wanted off that stuff.

     So  in the middle or end of September, I will be taking half a pill a day for a few months.  I will later cut that tiny pill in half.  I know I can do this, finally ending with taking a half pill every other day until I no longer need it.  Crazy?  yes but effective?  Absolutely.  I will get myself off of this pill and only be on my thyroid medication and my BP bill.  

     The BP pill is next!  Now remember that this Zoloft is not an actual med that I am required to take.  I wouldn't do this with my levothyroxine or my blood pressure med.  With those two, I will go through my practitioner to get that job accomplished.  He's all for it.  I'll have him in a few of my blogs later when I discussing that.

     Well, that's all for now my friends.  If you're interested in the eating clean thing, I've posted a link.  You can also join the team at www.facebook.com/eatingclean.  I hope you have a wonderful week and remember to 

Be HappyBe Healthy!

Read more: How to Eat Clean | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2049770_eat-clean.html#ixzz24l8K4E9s

No comments:

Post a Comment