Thursday, May 10, 2012

May Goals

May Goals

     Okay, so now I am fully caught up with my projects upon the completion of this posting.  I won't have anything else to catch up on!  Seems like it took forever...  Well, I can honestly say that April was a hectic month.  I don't know what I've accomplished but I can say that May is a new month for me.  I will do better.

     My past months goals went so smoothly that the unaccomplished didn't seem like much at all.  Well this month, I barely accomplished anything but my attitude is STILL POSITIVE!  Can't complain about that, eh?

     Well April, if you look at the bottom of this post, went with Positivity being the most completed goal for all but February.  I kinda lost faith in myself in February.  There were a few issues but I keep running strong, making sure to stay with a positive attitude for the following months. 

     I feel like my positivity won't waver.  If I begin to doubt my abilities to get this weight off, I'll fall and quit.  I can't quit.  I have to really push through this for more than myself now.  My son is over-weight.  When I went out of town, my husband and son went insane and now he's so heavy it makes my heart ache.  

     I know I've mentioned how my son's growing weight had me worried in the past.  Well, once I saw that my son was hoarding snacks and my husband was indulging the soda and other bad foods, I grew angry and began working my son on the treadmill with me.  As of Monday, I put him on a diet.  I didn't want to do this but they're not working with me.  I have to do this because if I don't, my son won't.  

     I don't want him to have this problem in adulthood.  If I don't great the habits my husband had developed, he will be a heavier adult.  I'm afraid for him.  I have to do this for and with him.  So positivity will continue and will stay at the top of the list for May and the months thereafter.

     Meat eating- this has been pretty smooth.  I even did a great job when I was out of town.  Meat isn't as big a deal to me as it used to be.  This was a Plus!

     My band work-out.  LOL  I chuckle as I admit this.  I haven't even touched them!  I Zumba'd, walked, jogged and swam but didn't do anything with my bands but unwrap them from their original packaging.  That's my #3 goal this month.

     "Me" Time went fairly well.  I still have Wednesday evenings to myself but I kept getting interrupted periodically.  Yesterday was perfect though and I am truly grateful.  Sometimes my family acts like they can't do without me but last night they did great.  I love my Wednesdays.  This too was a Plus!

     I still work with my C25K Program but I slacked off some.  Last week, I didn't jog at all but I did work out.  I have to stay on par with my jogging though.  I have the Zombie 5K Obstacle Run in August and my 5K marathon through Mercy Ministries in September.  I better get to it.  So this goal was like a 75-25 thing.  I won't mark it as an incomplete but not complete either.

     Lastly, I think we all know I didn't lose my 5 lbs AGAIN!  I'm not going to keep pushing it.  I've already lost weight with my new program but I have to make sure that I stay on track.  I've lowered my goal for the weight loss.  Start off smaller since I've had some difficulties.

     I gained some weight but some is water weight.  I'm not going to sugar-coat it and try to make it alright.  It's not.  I have so much water retention it could make me cry but I don't.  I've come down.  My rings are still tight and my feet looked like sausages!  My doctor gave me a different med, it's called Hydrochlorothiazide and I now take 25 mg.  I also have to eat a banana every morning because it depletes potassium.  Ha, I digress...  Moving back on track.

     My weight goal for the month will be to not lose 5 pounds for the month.  I will shoot for three pounds and then if that works out for the month, I will bump it back up.  I think that's realistic and not impossible.

     I'm waiting to see the difference.  The only thing that I've noticed since going on the Hydrochlorothiazide is my toes aren't swollen during the night or in the mornings anymore.  That was the worst; getting up, trying to walk and your feet are too fat to manage!  Let's see how this plays out.

   
     I added my Weight Watchers meetings to the list.  I am a returning Lifetimer so I won't have a problem with the meets.  I'm a retired Leader so I know the importance of the meetings and it's so true: Your meetings will push you to your goal with a stronger sense of success.   I won't miss them.
(Me thus far...)


     I am looking to the brighter side this month.  How about you?  There is nothing I can't do - I am a Daughter, Mother, Sister, Wife, Friend and Confidant.  I will make ALL OF MY GOALS! I am Woman dag-nabbit!  Hear my ROAR!
BE HAPPYBE HEALTHY!


No comments:

Post a Comment