Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Am Getting Back On Track!


I Am Getting Back On Track!

     Today, I started off with my normal routine for the evening workout.  I went to the main gym and saw a couple, running together.  I admired their stamina and thought back to when I used to do the same thing- except alone.  I've never had a jogging/running buddy.

     So I climbed on the treadmill, set it to Intervals and got busy with my walk.  I was doing great but after the couple left, I felt kinda alone.  No one was in the computer room or working out with me.  I began thinking, 'Can I jog again?  Can I do it?'  Nobody was there, so if looked silly, no one would see me and laugh.
    
     I decided to challenge myself.  The last 15 minutes of my power walk, I cranked it up and... Viola!  I did it and wasn't winded or anything.  My knees didn't even ache!  I was so happy, that I decided to modify my February challenge.

     In the mornings, for my morning work-out, I am going to add jogging to it.  I will try one day a week and see how that works. If it flows, then I'll add another day after about three weeks.  If that moves well, then I'll continue adding days.

     I know that jogging on the treadmill versus pavement is different but for now, I'm happy.  I am more than happy, I'm elated.  Yay me!

Be HappyBe Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment