Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yes! Yes! Yes! (BP Update)

I am so proud of myself today! My weight concerns were always about the actual number and my thyroid. Well, right before the New Year I got the bad of being diagnosed with high blood pressure.

My wonderful Doctor told me that it wasn't bad and that many AA's are prone to receive the same Dx when they hit my age but it didn't help me feel better. That was always one of my happiest brags: "I'm healthy, pass the salt!" you know?

Well, I had decided that the roller-coaster, that was my life had to end. I didnt want the thyroid issue. I didn't want to be over weight. And I definitely didn't want to have high blood pressure!

So as you saw in a prev week's video, I went and got my BP checked. It was the same as with my Doc: 144/99. I was not happy. But I am today!

I went back and had it checked again. I found it to be 141/96! YaaaHoooo! Yeah, yeah I know it's not much to do the Happy Dance to but it's down! I praised God and told my son that I was on the right track!

I think my 11.6 pounds in two weeks had a lot to do with it. If it weren't for my love of exercise and finding new ways to burn energy and calories, I may not have gotten any movement with those numbers.

I'm so happy. What a great post!

No comments:

Post a Comment