Thursday, March 8, 2012

Some Healthy Dinner Ideas with Veggies!

Healthy Dinner Ideas with Veggies!

Sometimes getting the family to eat healthy can be difficult.  There are a variation of eating temperaments that can conflict with Your likings when it comes to fixing meals in the house.  Speaking from personal experience, vegetables are always the problem.  My husband and son will only eat corn, sweet peas and green beans with a smile on their faces.  Anything else is shoved to the furthest corners of the plate and then scraped! 

I have tried many different recipes and discovered that I can get them to eat cooked carrots but only in a particular recipe: Shepherd's Pie!  But if I put them on the plate as a side dish, they grow roots and become new carrots!  Argh!!!!

Well, one of my friends on Facebook asked if there were a few recipes that I could suggest, helping her to get her family into eating more veggies and just eating healthier.  Well Kim, these are for you!

The recipes I've added are from two of my favorite sites that promote healthy eating and getting veggies in.  The first one is from the weight-loss site that I use: Sparkpeople.com.

SparkPeople is wonderful and the site is FREE!  Friendly people share their own recipes with the Recipe Builder.  Using that tool, you are informed of the nutritional information per serving.  It's wonderful.  

I also used recipes from a great site and page called The Science of Eating!  I have fallen in love with the recipes and I have not failed yet when I've prepared them for either myself or the family. 

From Sparkpeople.com:




The ScienceofEating.com



I hope they work for you; give me some feedback and remember to...


Be HappyBe Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment