Thursday, March 29, 2012

This Week's Topic: Pics from Facebook

a little insight

I really love seeking out pictures for my blogs, vlogs and Facebook page.  I find so many things that I can personalize or even make custom pics.  This week my topic is about What People Say.  I'm speaking on how others can influence your journey- pretty much anything you're doing in your life.

Someone's always got something to say.  The thing is, we know they're full of poo yet we listen anyway. We periodically let it affect us in a way so negative that we begin to doubt, self-hate or worse, abuse ourselves.  I don't know about any of you but I've tried so many fads that can neglect what your body needs that it's sad.  I've pushed so hard that my body decided to collapse- it's not worth it.  

There are so many WRONGS in the words of the others that surround us, how can we expect the RIGHT to present itself?  Don't allow people to make you lose heart, become negative and begin to deceive yourself.  You have to stay strong.

One day, when I was on my second trip into the weight-loss game, I allowed something that my daughter said pierce me to my core.  At the time, I was pregnant with my son and had gotten pretty darned big in the weight department as well as his development.  I was always either walking or driving her to the bus stop but on a few particular days, she'd denied my assistance.  When I pressured her for the reasoning behind her decision, she'd stated her friends were teasing her about me.  That I was ugly and fat.

Words from my daughter caused me to become angry, saddened and depressed.  It didn't help that I was going through issues with my thyroid so it was much worse- along with pregnancy hormones to boot!  I crumbled. I was so hurt, as soon as she left I cried for hours and then ordered an extra large Imo's Pizza and ate everything.  I even drove to Krispy Kreme's and scarfed down eight out of a bakers dozen of donuts!  I was sad- no, crushed and I let it hit home.  By the way, I became a gestational diabetic around that time....

I let it hit home.  Later, once I lost weight, others words caught my ear.  I let them affect me for a bit but I overcame them.  I realized, they don't run me!  They can't tell me what's right for me and my body- what m I doing?  I stopped them all.  I paid more attention to me and the words of my GP, Endocrinologist and Obstetrician at the time.  I did what I had to do and after I had my son, I lost the weight and became the person I wanted to be...

Until my thyroid caught me off guard, beginning the cycle all over again.  It's alright though.  I'm not ashamed of who and what I am anymore.  I can accept that my body is not mine to control- but only to an extent.  I won't use the problem as an excuse to not eat right, to not exercise and to be happy until I get back to where my body should be.

I hope you enjoyed this tidbit about myself.  Others, I hope you can relate and run with me on this race.  I won't compete with you though.  We all have our pace.  As long as we get there and cheer one another one, that's what matters the most to me.  I hope it does for you too!


Be Happy Healthy!



No comments:

Post a Comment